Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wedding Hairstyles for Mature Women

When you're young, it seems the sky is the limit when it comes to styling your hair.  What you begin to realize as you "mature" is that what you and everyone else loved in your twenties doesn't always translate in your 50's and 60's.  That being said, the trend has loosened quiet a bit in regard to the length of a woman's hair as she matures.  In  the past, it was almost mandatory that a woman crop her hair short, but today you'll find every length imaginable on women of all ages.

I think it has more to do with what you "DO" with your hair, and how you carry yourself.  I've seen women my age that made themselves look older because they cropped their hair off to just a couple inches and quit wearing makeup.  There's also some truth to the notion that gray hair can age a person's face.  And, from what I've learned, the warmer shades tend to accentuate a woman's face more appropriately as she ages (our skin fades).  So if you're going to let your color go gray, you'll want to be aware of the shade of your makeup to compliment it.

I've seen women my age with really long hair, that looked like refugees from the hippie movement (there's nothing worse than trying to look younger than you are).....and then I've seen total opposites of the same type of hairstyles because the women were aware of they're whole look, and accentuated the positives.  I guess what I'm trying to say, is it's nice that we have choices and with the new products available, so much more is achievable than it was a few short years ago. 

The "more mature" woman is more likely to remarry in these times too.  If she was married before, she's more likely to choose something less bridal looking, and that leaves a world of possibilities for her hair depending on the length, texture, and her desire to do something for the event.  I scanned the Internet looking specifically for bridal hair styles for the more mature woman, and have to be honest, didn't find anything to specifically addressed that.  What I did find, were photos of older women with various lengths of hair.  I'd love to  know what you think

No I'm not getting married.

4 comments:

  1. Wedding hairstyles ......nice look .But i think here i can get information about baby clothes.i.e. i want to know about the best baby clothes and which clothes to be use.So please refer me best brands for it .Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can appreciate what you're saying. Of course the clothes you find on Adorable Baby Clothing are among the very best. I posted this because wedding "season" is coming up and thought for those who in the process of planning one, it might be interesting. Thanks for your feedback though!

      Delete
  2. Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely Excellent. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great web site.
    CUTTER,KIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria! I really appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete